Context: frontend-dev-bookmarks / Workflow
Automated software testing is a process in which software tools execute pre-scripted tests on a software application before it is released into production.
- 5 Common Misconceptions About TDD & Unit Tests: Eric Elliott breaks down some common misconceptions and explains how you can benefit the most from TDD & unit tests.
- Anti-patterns and Their Fixes: Shane Tomlinson presents a sample application that contains several common anti-patterns and how these can be refactored to be more testable.
- Cucumber: Cucumber is a software tool that computer programmers use for testing other software. It runs automated acceptance tests written in a behavior-driven development (BDD) style.
- Gherkin: Gherkin is the language that Cucumber understands. It is a Business Readable, Domain Specific Language that lets you describe software’s behaviour without detailing how that behaviour is implemented.
- FiveUI: FiveUI is an extensible tool for evaluating HTML user interfaces
against sets of codified UI Guidelines.
- Introducing BDD: Dan North introduces behaviour-driven development (BDD). A software development process that emerged from test-driven development (TDD).
- Kakapo.js: Kakapo its a full featured http mocking library, he allows you to entirely replicate your backend logic in simple and declaritive way directly in the browser.
- My Node Test Strategy: Remy Sharp shates his automated testing process with tape, proxyquire, sinon and browserify.
- PhantomCSS: PhantomCSS takes screenshots and compares them to baseline images to test for RGB pixel differences. PhantomCSS then generates image diffs to help you find the cause.
- Refactor Away Anti-Patterns: Shane Tomlinson continues by refactoring the original application, including testing anti patterns, to be easier to read, easier to reuse, and easier to test.
- Sinon.JS Assertions for Chai: Sinon–Chai provides a set of custom assertions for using the Sinon.JS spy, stub, and mocking framework with the Chai assertion library. You get all the benefits of Chai with all the powerful tools of Sinon.JS.
- How to Stub/Mock Complex Objects: In this article, we’ll look at how to stub objects which are deeply nested, and when functions have more complex return values and they interact with other objects.
- Tape: Tap-producing test harness for node and browsers.
- TestCheck: TestCheck is a library for generative testing of program properties, ala QuickCheck.
- Testing a React & Redux Codebase: This series aims to be a very comprehensive guide through testing a React and Redux codebase, where you can really cover a lot with just unit tests because the code is mostly universal.