Context: frontend-dev-bookmarks / Architecture
- Comparison Between Different Observer Pattern Implementations: The comparison below is just about the basic features of subscribing to an event type, dispatching and removing an event listener.
- Event Emitter, Pub Sub or Deferred Promises: In this post Pete Otaqui explores a little about how each pattern works with (very) basic implementations and looks at the reasons why you might choose one over another.
- Implementations: Libraries, frameworks and tools that use Event-Driven Programming paradigm.
- Flight: An event-driven web framework, from Twitter.
- Mediator.js: Mediator is a simple class that allows you to register, unregister, and call subscriber methods to help event-based, asyncronous programming.
- Postal.js: Postal.js takes the familiar "eventing-style" paradigm and extends it by providing "broker" and subscriber implementations
- pubsub.js: A tiny (~600 bytes when minified, ~300 bytes when gzip'd) and robust pubsub implementation.